Everyone wants to look their best when it comes to a big event or special day. Med spa treatments are a popular way to help you look your best in less time. Treatments such as body contouring and laser skin treatments are excellent options. They will help you improve your appearance, but timing these treatments right is essential.
No one wants to show up for their special day all swollen and puffy! The right timing of each treatment ensures that you achieve the best results just in time for your special day.
Treatments to Schedule 6 Months in Advance
If you have at least six months before your special day, you have many med spa treatment options available. While some of these treatments provide immediate results, many require multiple treatments or just healing time in order to achieve your desired goal. If you are considering any of these treatment options, plan to schedule your first appointment at least six months before your big event.
- Body Contouring/Cellulite Reduction with VelaShape — This procedure can help reduce the volume in the upper arms, love handles, abdomen, and other areas. While results can vary, it’s possible to reduce the circumference of the targeted area by as much as 3 inches. While you may notice results after the first treatment, 6 treatments are usually recommended for optimal results.
- Laser Treatments — Laser treatments, such as CO2 fractional laser resurfacing, can diminish wrinkles, pores, acne, scars and skin discoloration through a series of minimally invasive treatments. This can require multiple treatments to achieve your desired results. Just make sure your last treatment is a month before your big day.
- Laser Hair Removal — Laser hair removal typically takes multiple treatments, so starting early helps ensure you have smooth, hair-free skin for the big event.
Treatments to Schedule 3 Months in Advance
When you are down to three months before the big event and want something to restore the youthful appearance of your skin, microneedling may be a good option. This procedure uses tiny needles to puncture the skin. They trigger a healing process, which helps stimulate the production of collagen — a protein responsible for smooth, youthful looking skin.
Treatments to Schedule 1 Month in Advance
As you get closer to the big event, many med spa treatments are still available.
A Silhouette InstaLift is an option as you get this close to the big day. This is a noninvasive procedure that helps lift the face and contours the midface and cheek area. While you can experience swelling and bruising, it typically resolves within a week.
Dermal fillers and BOTOX® injections provide quick results and are another great way to reduce wrinkles and add volume to your face. With BOTOX, you can usually see the optimal results after 30 days. Therefore, one month out is a good time to consider this!
Types of Dermal Fillers
- Restylane: Targeted to correct subtle skin issues, such as fine line and acne scars, and can also be used to fill and add volume for younger looking skin.
- Juvederm: Targeted to correct deeper skin indentations and wrinkles and often a go-to filler for lip or cheek injections.
- Radiesse: Another solution for signs of advanced aging, this filler is popular for correcting issues such as sagging jowls or even deep wrinkles in the hands. Radiesse differs because of its effect on collagen production and stimulation, allowing for continued anti-aging effects.
BOTOX® or Fillers?
While BOTOX® is great for tightening and smoothing the skin, dermal fillers will actually add volume to the skin. It will remove the signs of aging by plumping up the skin and preventing it from creasing in certain areas.
Fillers can be extremely versatile and work to fill or fix asymmetry in areas like the lips, cheeks, and chin. Facial fillers are growing in popularity, with around 2.7 million soft-tissue facial fillers being requested and administered to clients in 2019, according to the 2019 Plastic Surgery Statistics Report. Information gathered by CNN in 2017 would project this as a near 33% jump in the administration of dermal fillers since 2010.
While BOTOX® does not physically plump the skin, it does tighten and correct at the injection site. BOTOX® does however offer creative solutions to other problems that may not necessarily be cosmetic.
According to a TIME article in 2017, BOTOX® has other uses, some FDA-approved and some not. Some uses of BOTOX® that might surprise you and are FDA-approved are migraine relief/treatment, excessive underarm sweating, overactive bladder, and strabismus or crossed-eyes. It’s effective by injecting at the site of concern, and because of it’s tightening effects, BOTOX® can temporarily relieve your symptoms.